I decided to celebrate the national day of cheesecake again this year, but a little differently. I wanted to make bars this year instead of a full cake this year and wanted to incorporate some kind of candy. I decided on Twix bars.. and this is what I came up with!
For the "crust", I made a fudge brownie layer. Then I topped it with a Twix bite filled cream cheese topping and finally, drizzled with caramel and fudge. The brownie bottom is a great crust for the smooth cream cheese topping - perfectly fudgy and chewy.
Brownie Bottom Twix Cheesecake Bars
makes one 13x9 pan
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup fudge topping
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 package miniature Twix bites
- 1 package brownie mix
1. Preheat oven to 325F Degrees. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Add 3 tablespoons of fudge topping and mix well. Pour into a well-greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the center is almost set, then remove from oven.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until well mixed. Add sour cream and continue to mix. Beat in eggs, one egg at a time. Stir in miniature Twix bites.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture over the brownie crust layer. Return pan to the oven for 40 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the sides and let cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
4. Once cool, drizzle caramel and remaining fudge topping over the cheesecake bars. Feel free to top with more crumbled Twix bars as well and enjoy!