Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Birthday Cake Remix Blondies

I was at the gym when I saw a commercial come on for one of my favorite ice cream shops 25th anniversary.


Well Happy Birthday to Coldstone! and Happy Birthday to one of my favorite ice cream sundaes (besides any off of Main Street at Disneyland - those can't be beat), Birthday Cake Remix!

The Birthday Cake Remix sundae from Coldstone is delicious. It has hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles and brownies all mixed in to their amazing cake batter ice cream. As soon as I saw the commercial at the gym,  I knew I wanted to bake something to celebrate those great flavors together.




If you've never mixed in ice cream into brownie batter, then you need to try it now. It takes brownies to a whole new level, and you can pick any flavor you want. I went with the theme, and used Kroger Deluxe Jammed Birthday Bash ice cream. These brownies were super tasty on their own but I baked them, crumbled them up, added them in with some classic yellow cake mix, rainbow sprinkles and a few other ingredients and these were created.


They taste just like cake batter, one of my favorite flavors...see my Chocolate Cake Batter Cookies. The  waffle cone crumbs give these blondies a nice texture and the fudge brownie bits complete them. Thank you Coldstone for inspiring this yummy creation!

Birthday Cake Remix Blondies
makes about 20 blondies




Ingredients

  • 1 package brownie mix
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup fudge ice cream topping
  • 1/2 cup birthday cake/cake batter ice cream
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
  • 3 waffle or sugar ice cream cones
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F Degrees
2. Prepare brownie mix as directions say on the packaging. Add chocolate chips, fudge topping and ice cream and mix well. Cook brownies for a few minutes less than directed on the package.
3. Combine yellow cake mix with oil and egg. Add milk slowly. Mix in sprinkles. Crumble up baked brownies (I used only half of the pan) and add into batter. Crush 2 ice cream cones and mix into batter. Spread into a well greased 13x9 inch baking pan (I line my pans with aluminum foil). 
4. Top with more rainbow sprinkles, brownie crumbles and the last ice cream cone. Bake for 25-30 minutes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment