Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Peanut Butter and Jelly Pound Cake Blondies

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have been a favorite of mine since...well always (Uncrustables...yum). And I have been wondering what kind of baked good I could make to bring together the flavors besides the classic between two slices of bread. I did some research...cookies, pies, etc. but I wasn't really feeling it.



Then, I thought of blondies. Blondies are one of my favorite treats to bake, 1) because they are delicious, 2) they kind of taste healthy in a way that doesn't make you feel horrible about yourself for eating sweets, and 3) they are just so simple! I already had a recipe for blondies using cake mix with my Birthday Cake Remix Blondies, so I thought why not just tweak it a little bit..and what kind of cake would go with PB&J? Pound cake! So I came up with these Peanut Butter and Jelly Pound Cake Blondies.

They are gooey and wonderful and like a warm, melty peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The cake is perfectly moist and crumbly, with a top layer of swirled peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted most of the photos of these, so this is all I've got and this photo certainly does not do these delicious treats justice. 

Peanut Butter and Jelly Pound Cake Blondies
makes one 13x9 inch pan


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 package pound cake mix
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Mix together melted butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, into mixture. Stir in water, cake mix and vanilla until smooth.
3. Spread mixture into a 13x9 baking pan. Add tablespoon sized mounds of peanut butter and jelly to the top of the batter, spreading them around evenly. Marble the peanut butter and jelly with a knife to create a swirl effect on top. 
4. Bake for 22-27 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment