Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Peanut Butter M&M Pretzel Cookies

Salty and sweet are a great combination, one I've used before with my Pretzel M&M Toffee Bars. I'm bringing those same flavors back but this time adding peanut butter to make these Peanut Butter M&M Pretzel Cookies.



I came up with this recipe a few months back. When thinking of recipes to enter into the Orange County Fair Get Baking Cookie Contest, I decided to use this one. A yummy peanut butter cookie, mixed with a classic candy and chunks of pretzel to make this cookie more than your average cookie, I hoped the judges would like it.


And they did! I won third place in the peanut butter category in the contest which had over 200 entries total! I still can't believe it! I am so excited to share my cookie recipe with all of you.

Peanut Butter M&M Pretzel Cookies
makes about 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup softened unsalted butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
  • 1 cup pretzels (broken into pieces)
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375F Degrees
2. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder baking soda and salt together. Stir into batter until blended. Add M&M's and pretzel pieces and mix well.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment