Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Simple Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

I like to make cookies. I like to think up creative cookies, like my Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies, but sometimes I just want a good old classic cookie. Like oatmeal (Never oatmeal raisin. Raisins are one thing I refuse to bake with.) Oatmeal cookies are delicious. And they sort of make you feel better about eating so many because they are oatmeal - that's healthy right?! I also adore butterscotch as you have probably noticed with the recipes for my Butterscotch Fudge and Seven Layer Bar Pie. So I decided to put the two together!


These two make an excellent flavor combination. I can't get enough! The oatmeal cuts down on the richness of the butterscotch chips. These are great yet simple cookies.


Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
makes about 4 dozen cookies




Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F Degrees. Beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
2. Add eggs and maple syrup, beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well together.
4. Add in oats and butterscotch chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment