Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Cookie Butter Fudge

If you have never had cookie butter, then I feel sorry for you. And I suggest you make your way to Trader Joe's immediately to purchase a jar.


This stuff can be found at your local Trader Joe's and it's absolutely delicious. It is essentially Speculoos cookies, a Belgian cookie, almost like a gingersnap but not quite, crushed up into a peanut butter consistency. I had this for the first time last year and crave it frequently now. I wanted to make a yummy treat out of this stuff but it was a long process to think of something good. Should I make some sort of frosting? Cookies? Then I thought of it. Fudge.


I LOVE to make fudge. It's so simple and always so good. It's so easy to transport and share with others as well which is something I love to do with my baked goods and confections. Not only did I use Cookie Butter for the fudge, but I gave it a nice crumbly topping made of Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookies, which are also delicious.




This fudge was incredible. And it is so easy to make. Only a few everyday ingredients and a stop at Trader Joe's and you are set. I highly recommend trying this out, and if you are not a fan of cookie butter (you must be insane), you can always replace it with peanut butter instead.

Speculoos Cookie Butter Fudge
makes one 8x8 pan



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 Speculoos cookies, crushed (also available at Trader Joes, optional)
Instructions:
1. In a sauce pan, mix milk and sugar. Bring to a boil. 
2. Mix cookie butter and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour boiling mixture over the cookie butter mixture and mix until thick. Pour mixture into a greased or foil lined 8x8 baking dish.
3. Sprinkles cookie crumbles over the mixture and lightly press into the fudge. This makes a nice crumbly top. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes and cut into squares.

0 comments:

Post a Comment