Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies with Dark Chocolate Covered Acai Berries

I was walking around Costco when I saw the ridiculously large bags of Brookside Dark Chocolate Covered Acai Berries they sell. These can also be found in smaller bags in the candy aisle at your local grocery store. I knew I wanted to bake something with this yummy snack so I picked up a bag but was stumped on what to make. I put on my thinking cap and came up with something that was absolutely delicious.



I decided to make cookies. At first I thought I would go with just a simple chocolate chip cookie base but replace the chips with the acai berries. But I wanted to be adventurous. I wanted to make something I never have before. And the result was wonderful.



These cinnamon sugar cookies were perfectly soft with just the right amount of cinnamon. The dark chocolate acai berries inside are such a pleasant surprise to bite into. Many people thought they were simple chocolate chips but then realized soon it was something else. The fruity element really elevates the cookie to a whole new level. These are a must try!

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies with Dark Chocolate Covered Acai Berries
makes about 4 dozen cookies


Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup dark chocolate covered acai berries
  • cinnamon sugar (equal amounts of sugar and cinnamon to roll cookie dough in)
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F Degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and add to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Add in dark chocolate covered acai berries. Refrigerate dough for at least two hours.
5. Shape dough into balls, about 3/4 inch in diameter. Roll them in cinnamon sugar and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment